- It's not rain, on my brother's wedding day
- It's a free ride on a trolley (except for whoever booked it) to take some wedding photos
- The brief ceremony will be outdoors but I'm not worried about black flies and don't know if they're even serving Chardonnay
- The only death row prisoners I've met were the wrongly convicted men whose cases I worked on as a law student; they were all exonerated in courtrooms, not executed or pardoned too late, and anyway I don't think they know my brother or are invited to the wedding
- Afraid to fly or otherwise, everyone who flew here for the wedding is here now. As their planes touched down without incident, they thought, "Well isn't this nice."
It isn't ironic, don't you think?