- Roger Federer's 23 consecutive Grand Slam semifinal appearances, and if Rafael Nadal wins the French Open on Sunday, Federer's current run as world #1.
- The Northwestern University women's lacrosse team's 5 consecutive national championships, which ended in the 2010 title game last weekend as the University of Maryland erased a 6-0 deficit en route to a comeback victory. "Oh no you don't," the Terrapins might as well have said as they prevented Northwestern from further approaching their own record 7 consecutive NCAA titles.
- The Chicago Blackhawks' 7 consecutive road playoff victories.
- Detroit Tigers pitcher Armando Galarraga's 27 consecutive batters retired -- oops, make that 26. With Galarraga one out away from a perfect game last night, umpire Jim Joyce blew a call at first base and cost the young pitcher his bid for baseball immortality.
- Al and Tipper Gore's 40 years of marriage.
- And on a more somber note, Gary Coleman's 42 years of life.
To mark the end of these streaks, I did not streak today on my commuter train for the first time since May 11.